[mythtv-users] Audio Hisses and Video Slowmotion playbacks ...

Saravanan Subbiah saravanan_subbiah at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 24 05:33:03 EST 2004

Hi,

I got a Mythtv set up with CMedia CMI9739A chipset and the latest
1.0.0_rc2 ALSA drivers. But my audio is subpar and has a hissing noise
in the background. This is more obvious in some channels than the
others.

Also while playing back, the video goes to slowmotion with the sound
also playing at a slower rate every once in 15 minutes or so and the
only way to fix it is stop and restart playing. This also happens while
watch live tv.

I am running Mythtv0.13 ebuilds in Gentoo. (BTW, why is MythTv 0.14
still masked in Gentoo ? )

Has anyone else had this problem ? Any solutions ?

thanks,
Saravanan