[mythtv-users] RGB HDTV input

Jason Kraftcheck jkraftch at facstaff.wisc.edu
Tue Feb 24 11:57:31 EST 2004

Michael J. Sherman wrote:

> I use 1280x720p just fine on my Sony.  What TV are you using?  Are you
> sure it won't accept 720p?

Mitsubishi.  I don't recall the model.  The manual says 1080i only.

> You'll also probably need a converter box to go from VGA to RGB.  The
> most popular is the Audio Authority 9A60.

I don't think I need a converter box in this case (or at least I'm
hoping I don't.)  And anyway the one you suggest converts VGA to
Component (Y-Pb-Pr), not RGB.

The RGB input on my TV is a set of 5 RCA/phono jacks: red, green, blue,
h-sync, and v-sync.  These correspond to the pin pairs 1/6, 2/7, 3/8,
13/10, and 14/10  respectively of a 15-pin D-Sub VGA connector.  So I
shouldn't need a converter, assuming I can get the video card to output
1080i.