[mythtv-users] Interesting problem

Scott Rowe mythgnomer at rowelab.com
Tue Feb 24 21:55:42 EST 2004

Weird problem, just thought I'd pass it along.. It's more of an ivtv issue,
but with odd side effects. Until I set up NTP, my backend was losing time
(about three hours). This happenned intermittently, all of a sudden and not
slowly over time, with no ability to reproduce.

If I checked dmesg, I had ivtv buffer errors (didn't think to copy them
down.)

So, as an FYI, if you have problems with missed recordings, or the wrong
thing being recorded, check the system time of the backend machine, and sync
your clock automatically.

This one bit me on the butt because I missed recording the Sex in the City
final episode / countdown (WAF--). Luckily, it's HBO, so it was showing like
10 times the next few days.

-Scott Rowe
http://www.rowerules.com/mythtv