[mythtv-users] Re:Fastforward / rewind results in wrong positioning

nowhere at cox.net nowhere at cox.net
Wed Feb 25 00:09:33 EST 2004

Actually Isaac, I have noticed this phenomenon with my GF FX5900 VGA output to a TV monitor today using myth 0.14. Sometimes after entering FF mode for a while when you hit play it returns to the place where you started the FF mode. Sometime it returns to a place a short while before the time you enter play to exit FF mode.

Also, if you are in FF mode or RW mode and hit the pause button then the frontend still hangs. I saw a couple patches for this in various threads but I'm not sure how to install them or which one I want to install (if any).  Actually it's not just the frontend that hangs since if I logout of X and back in an try to watch live TV or a recording, the screen is black. I must bounce the backend (ivtv driver?) to get it to work again. I did this by rebooting so I'm not sure if it is just the ivtv driver or the backend.

Just thought I would post an update on this...

Eric

  Re:Fastforward / rewind results in wrong positioning  [In reply to]
On Friday 05 December 2003 08:53 pm, Nick Flowers wrote:
> Does anyone know why the first fastforward/back after a while during
> playback on my Myth setup seems to jump to a timeframe behind where it
> should do?
>
> Its as if the software believes you to have watched proportionately less
> than you have by a few minutes per hour.
>
> Associated information: one hour programmes often show in the box that
> appears when you ffwd/rwd as having 1:06 minutes total, and the actual end
> of the programme is beyond the 1:06.

Inaccuracies in it's estimate of where in the file it is, due to some
weirdness with the pvr-350's decoder.

Isaac