[mythtv-users] Kaleidescape?

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Wed Feb 25 01:26:05 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 20:41, Rick Mancinelli wrote:
> Is anyone here familiar with the Kaleidescape system?
> (www.kaleidescape.com)  Basically its a single backend/multi-front end
> video distribution system for DVDs, CDs, etc.  Its extremely pricey,
> somewhere around $30k for the 1TB model.
>
> The question I have is this... can I replicate this functionality with
> Myth?  Sorry if this is a dumb question.  :-/

Don't see why not... just rip each dvd to an iso file manually, and have
the play command execute a script that mounts the iso file as a loopback
filesystem, then point xine at said mounted filesystem in mythvideo.
It's just a matter of how mych disk space you're willing to burn for
it...

	-I
--
                       Ian Forde, RHCE, CCSE, SCNA, SCDME