[mythtv-users] mythtv and audio

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed Feb 25 03:35:03 EST 2004

I finally got around to upgrading from redhat 9 to fedora, and took the
chance to reformat the drive and make a mythtv-data partition so there's
no worry of me filling up the disk again.

Anyway, I was about to proclaim how EASY it was to reinstall mythtv,
since really all I had to do was apt-get the software, and then I ran
into a little snag.  When I run mythfronted on my workstation (call it a
second frontend), I get no sound with livetv.  livetv sound works fine
on the master frontend/backend machine, and recorded sound works fine on
my workstation, but no livetv sound.   Haven't had time to record any
new shows to see if new recordings have sound or not.

So I'm confused.   I'm open to suggestions.

--
Chris Petersen
Programmer / Web Designer