[mythtv-users] Unusual HD Activity

Andrew Hogue hogue at cs.yorku.ca
Wed Feb 25 17:37:31 EST 2004

Hi,

At first I thought it was the commercial flagging... but then I realized
that I had turned it off.

> Yup.  Is it extreme HD activity, or just periodic?

It is extreme HD activity and constant.

I find it funny and strange that it stops the moment I initialize the tv
module though...

What does ksoftirqd actually do?  It looks like a kernel interrupt
daemon... but why would that show up after recording a show?  Could it be
something due to my Tuner card?  I'm using the Avermedia M179.

-- Andrew