[mythtv-users] NVidia TV-out with 50 Hz?

Andrew M. Bishop amb at gedanken.demon.co.uk
Wed Feb 25 13:46:32 EST 2004

"Simon Lundell" <simon at ida.his.se> writes:

> Do you know if the overscan option works for nvidia (nforce2) on a PAL
> tv? Changing the value has no effect on the picture, I still have black
> borders.

I know that overscan works for me with my GF4 440MX using PAL and
nvidia driver version 4363, but it isn't usable.

I am capturing at 480x576 resolution which is SVCD resolution and
probably captures about as much data as there is available (given that
the horizontal resolution is less than the vertical).

To reduce distortions introduced by scaling on playback I have the
screen set to 800x600 and playback at 768x576 so that there is only
scaling horizontally.  This gives a good image although there is a
black border around the edge, but it is only 4% of the image width.

When I tried using overscan to fit this 768x576 image to the whole TV
size it worked fine.  Except when playing back recordings when there
is really bad tearing visible (top and bottom of image show different
frames, especially noticable when images moves quickly) which makes it
unwatchable.

--
Andrew.
Andrew M. Bishop                             amb at gedanken.demon.co.uk