[mythtv-users] SOLUTION for redhat-artwork conflicts

Lee Gordon lrg at visi.com
Thu Feb 26 11:34:25 EST 2004

Hi,

I've been spending the last few days trying to install Myth on a Ret Hat 9
system.  Yesterday, I ran into the redhat-artwork conflicts problem with
gtk, even though I commented out the apt.kde-redhat.org lines in the
/etc/apt/sources.list.  After a few google searches, I found that I needed
to do this:

    apt-get install kde arts kdebase kdelibs qt redhat-artwork gtk+ gtk2
libmad

before doing this:

    apt-get install mythtv-suite

Once I did that, all was well, and the packages applied just fine.  BTW, I'm
a Linux newbie so I'm sure what I did was overkill, but I thought I should
share it nonetheless as I noticed other posts had popped up about this
recently and the old solution didn't work for me.

    -Lee