[mythtv-users] Digital Cable

John F. DeLuca johnfdeluca at comcast.net
Thu Feb 26 23:02:20 EST 2004

I actually have 2 cable boxes.....a Motorol DCT2224 with a serial port that is inactive
and a HD Motorola 6xxx (can't remember off the top of my head) with a whole bunch
of outputs (firewire, etc) but no serial port at all.  I was rather surprised that it had no
serial port at all.

I determined on my cable box which has the serial port that the port was inactive as I
plugged in my Tivo serial cable, configured Tivo (though the Tivo setttings) to use the
serial port vs. the IR blaster and told it the make of my box.  Tivo tested the port and
determined it was unable to change channels via the port. :(

My cable co is Comcast (Atlanta) and the good folks there just don't know what I am
talking about when I asked about the serial port.  Useless.