[mythtv-users] nvidia Geforce4 TI4200 tv-out users?

Gerald Schepens schepens at shaw.ca
Fri Feb 27 02:53:54 EST 2004

I'm trying to tweak the svideo output on my nvidia Geforce4 Ti4200
card.  It doesn't fill the screen on the TV quite completely (and the
TVOverscan option doesn't seem to work).  I also need to adjust the
signal's black level down a little.  nvtv would usually be the tool a
person would use to do these things, but it seems not to have any effect
on my card, which has a Philips encoder chip.

In the hopes that I could do better with an nvtv that I compiled myself,
I tried to build the source.  I can't get past the configure script
because it says my cpp is not sane.  This is because it fails on a line
in limits.h.

from the config.log:

n file included from
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2.2/include/syslimits.h:7,
                 from
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2.2/include/limits.h:11,
                 from configure:2818:
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2.2/include/limits.h:132:75:
limits.h: No such file or directory

The line in question reads #include_next <limits.h>.  I'm not sure what
#include_next means but in this case it doesn't work.  Anyone who can
give me some tips on getting this compiled?  That may really help me fix
the svideo signal.

Alternatively, if someone knows how to get a dvi output from my card to
work with my Sony KV-32HS500 HD-ready TV at a vertical resolution higher
than 480 lines, I can abandon the svideo output and go with dvi again.