[mythtv-users] CVS connection problem

Colin Andrews mythd at headbonk.com
Fri Feb 27 16:52:18 EST 2004

I know this is really a message for the -dev list, but I'm not
subscribed there, & I'm lazy. I'm hoping there's people who're
cross subcribed that can respond.

I just wanted to grab a copy of the code from cvs - mainly just
out of curiousity. Using the cvs plugin in eclipse, I can't see
anything in the repository and using the commandline cvs (cygwin)
I get the following after following the cvs directions on the
HOWTO page:

$ cvs -d :pserver:mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org:/var/lib/mythcvs login
Logging in to :pserver:mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org:2401/var/lib/mythcvs
CVS password:
cvs login: warning: failed to open /cygdrive/h/.cvspass for
reading: No such fil
e or directory

I'm a total cvs n00b (that's why I mostly use the eclipse plugin)
so I can't tell if I'm getting something wrong. The password I
used was 'mythtv'.

It's not a big deal really. I don't *need* the cvs version. I can
just grab the source tarball.

The CVSView web page is working fine.