[mythtv-users] Separate frontend vs backend question..

Matthew Geller mgeller at mn.rr.com
Fri Feb 27 17:25:53 EST 2004

Newbie, but I searched the archive for 3 days so I figure this is a valid
question.  BTW mythTV and this mailing list are excellent.

Backend with dual haup 250's and SATA drives to record/store.
Frontend with only a video card and little or no drive space.

Is it practical to watch live TV on the frontend played over the wire and
still pause/rr/ff live TV?  How bad is the lag?

If that is not practical would moving to this type of config work.
Backend big NFS with SATA
Frontend with haup 350 using NFS and little/no front-end drive space.

Can the NFS run on @#)$ (Windows)...  I could then use my existing file
server.

-Matt