[mythtv-users] Switching input cards (rather than just inputs on the card)?

Josh jishywa at wi.rr.com
Fri Feb 27 18:43:33 EST 2004

This is a complete shot in the dark as I've never tried it, but in theory
once you set up both cards in the setup program and assigned them different
video sources and such, it would work fine. BUT theres a catch, the channels
on each card have to be different. This wouldn't be so bad for a few
channels, but if you're dealing with something like digital cable and
satellite for example, it would just plain suck. If the two cards have
unique channels, then whenever you tune to a specific channel it should use
that card anyway.

Any particular setup in mind? I'd be interested in seeing how its
implemented once all the quirks are worked out.

Josh