[mythtv-users] Slightly off topic..

Will Dormann wd at pobox.com
Fri Feb 27 21:31:35 EST 2004

At 08:21 PM 2/27/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm trying to use MythGame and I see for NES emulation it is built around
>fceu. I can use fce ultra easily enough with a keyboard, but I'm finding no
>luck getting it to work with a USB gamepad. I've tested my gamepad under an
>SDL joystick tester and all buttons are seen properly. I've compiled fceu
>with SDL support. I see no configuration in fceu which tells it to use a
>joystick device (/dev/js0) or which buttons to map to which functions. The
>only think I can think to so is somehow run something in the background
>which grabs joystick input and maps it to selected keyboard keys.

When I set up MythGame, I had to patch fceu to get joystick support working
properly.   I've got a usb adapter that allows me to use a PSX gamepad, and
that works using an HID driver.

I used 0.97.5-joystick.patch , but which one you pick obviously will depend
on what version of fceu you're using.
http://gentoo.kems.net/gentoo-portage/games-emulation/fceultra/files/

The first time I ran fceu, it prompted me to go through a routine where I
would map the joystick axes and buttons.   The config files are stored in
~/.fceultra.    If you remove fceu.cfg, it will go through the setup again
if something went wrong.

-WD