[mythtv-users] mythdvd compile problems

David Brieck Jr. myth at brieck.com
Sat Feb 28 16:03:35 EST 2004

Ben Pierce wrote:

>Using Gentoo I have successfully installed and run mythtv, mythmusic,
>mythgallery, mythnews, mythweather, and mythvideo.  However for some
>reason when I try to compile mythdvd and mythbrowser I get errors refering
>to Xinerama.  Here is the output from emerge mythdvd:

Make sure you manually install the prerequisits The Gentoo ebuilds (no
offense to the packager) are a bunch of crap and don't know what is
required to compile (especially for myth DVD). Also, if you want ripping
support you'll need to alter the ebuild to enable it. It took me a few
tries before I got it to compile.

libdvdread, a52dec, ogle, xvid, fame, transcode, libdvdcss, and xine are
what I think I had to install beforehand.