[mythtv-users] Some really simple questions about transcoding/cliplists/DVD burning

Martin Brown Martin.Brown at macquarie.com
Sun Feb 29 17:01:21 EST 2004

I've searched the list, read what little doco there is and googled for ages but am unable to find
the answers to these basic MythTV questions:

- With a non-hardware encoding tuner card (Nova-T DVB), what format are the .nuv capture files?
- What does transcode actually do? Convert to mpeg 2/4/?
- What is the different between the two recording profile settings? Do they affect the format of the
.nuv capture files?
- If I don't use MythTranscode to convert the file for DVD how can I incorporate the cutlist?

Basically, with a non-hardware MPEG2 encoding card, how do I create a DVD from a captured program?

Jeffrey Couvrette's "How I burn a DVD from captured MythTV video" post looks very useful but he
starts from output from a PVR250 which I presume is mpeg2 already.

Wouldn't it be great if simple things like this were in the mythtv.org doco. It'd sure save me and
possibly many other people masses of time.

Thanks,
Martin Brown