[mythtv-users] Could we be able to do this

Niklas Brunlid nbr at ticalc.org
Sun Feb 29 18:59:36 EST 2004

My suggestion to somewhat solve this would be to have mythtv show the
original TV input on-screen, while still running the compressing in the
background. That would cut out a bit of the cpu demand and increase the
quality unless, of course, you run filters on your input. But for TV in
you usually only need a deinterlacer... well, I do, anyway. =)

Going further with this, you could let the user select where in the chain
of inputs/filters to pick out what to show on-screen, i.e. original tv in,
deinterlaced tv in, deinterlaced/denoised tv in or even (as it is now)
compressed/decompressed tv in.