[mythtv-users] Re:Re:M179 Reception Quality

Dee & Susan 4hands at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 1 10:59:00 EST 2004

This seems to be happening with 0.13 ver. I don't have this problem with my other mythbox running 0.12 and a (PVR-250,firmware 21226.exe). The modules load and stay loaded and the picture is flawless. One thing I have noticed on this problem is when I reboot and then go to watch livetv the ringbuffers permissions change from mythtv to root everytime. As soon as I change it back to mythtv, I can watch TV. I thought I figured it out by leaving a Sticky on the /var/cache/mythtv folder permissions but no joy. I took Jarod's advice and installed the 21228.exe firmware and it got a little better picture quality wise but thats it.

Dennis