[mythtv-users] Most reliable path to a working MythTV system?

stan stanb at panix.com
Thu Jan 1 11:55:06 EST 2004

I've tried to get a working MythTV system 2 diffeent ways.

1. Using the KnoppMyth distribution.
2. Building a Debian "unstable" system.

1 fails because teh version of XMLTV installed cannot aquire north american
TV lsiting (and when I upgrade it from Debian mythbacked crashes), and I
can't change chanels, and audio does not work.

2 failed becuase I jsut never got MythTV to run at all :-(

The system involved has a simple WinTV card in it, and it works great with
xmltv when I install plain old Debian.

So, since I desperatley need something to replace my broken Tivo. What
aproach can people recomend as being the mos straightfoward path to a
working system?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin