[mythtv-users] Pre/Post roll setting 1min vs 10 min

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu Jan 1 19:34:04 EST 2004

MegaDeTH wrote:
> Ohh duh, I just realized the menu is called preroll minutes
>
> So I guess my original question still stands, how do I make it less than
> 10 min,...

This, and one of your previous messages hint that you may not
have received one of the posts to this thread. Here it is
again =).

MegaDeTH wrote:
> ...I need it set to 1 min for about half of my shows.

This actually sounds like you really do want the "Time to
record before..." feature. With global preroll seconds it
applies to all shows unless there is something back to back
in front. In that case it would start at the regular time.
Otherwise everything else starts one minute early so at the
expense of very little disk space, you can be sure to get the
beginning of everything.

With the per-show preroll minute, it would cause a scheduling
conflict with a preceding show. You would have to end the
other show early, record on multiple cards or miss recording
the one that loses in conflict resolution.

--  bjm