[mythtv-users] sis7012 and ALSA

Tony Clark tclark at telia.com
Fri Jan 2 01:05:27 EST 2004

On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 11:48 am, Dee & Susan wrote:
> I am having a real problem getting alsa to work with this on board sound
> sis7012. A rundown of what I have(Myth 0.13, alsa 1.0.0rc2, M179 capture
> card, and a headache) - The alsa test .wav works -- All modules are loaded
> -- Mythmusic works -- MythDVD works -- XMMS works and when I go to watch
> LiveTV I can see thats it opening /dev/dsp no problems. I have screwed with
> alsamixer till I'm blue in the face but yet all I get is very loud static
> when watching TV and recording. Has anyone gotten a K7S5A board with the
> SiS7012 working with ALSA? I just want to see if I can make this work. If
> not I will get another SBLIVE 5.1

While I don't have the same brand of motherboard I have a sis735 based one and
for ALSA sound you need to load snd_intel8x0 plus all the other alsa modules.
here is a copy of my modules.conf

##  ALSA portion
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
## alias snd-card-1 snd-ens1371
##  OSS/Free portion
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
## alias sound-slot-1 snd-card-1
##

# OSS/Free portion - card #1
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
##  OSS/Free portion - card #2
## alias sound-service-1-0 snd-mixer-oss
## alias sound-service-1-3 snd-pcm-oss
## alias sound-service-1-12 snd-pcm-oss

alias /dev/mixer snd-mixer-oss
alias /dev/dsp snd-pcm-oss
alias /dev/midi snd-seq-oss

# Set this to the correct number of cards.
options snd cards_limit=1