[mythtv-users] Troubles installing ivtv with rpms

Ian Lesnet ian at whereisian.com
Fri Jan 2 04:46:11 EST 2004

Aloha,

Long time reader, first time poster.

I have installed myth several times without a problem (red hat, apt-get).  I did a reinstall to get a new hard drive working with the system and to clear out garbage.  Tonight, when I apt-get install ivtv-kmdl I get a message about broken dependencies (ivtv-firmware).  I have always downloaded the windows driver and extracted the firmware after installing ivtv.  Could there really something wrong with the ivtv packages?  I spent all night trying to find out if it was my problem. I don't know where to go for help.

Thanks in advance.

Ian