[mythtv-users] Problem when configureing MythTV to use DVB-C card with analog module

Anders Hanson anders.hanson at speedo.nu
Fri Jan 2 09:48:38 EST 2004

Hi,

I am setting up mythtv and using a Fujitsu Siemens DVB-C card with analog module
and having trouble to get it to work :(

The thing is that the analog module uses v4l and the dvb part has both v4l and dvb support.

The problem is that I can't get mythtv to work when I'm enabling both the v4l and dvb.

There is two possible configurations to that I see.

1, Only use V4L for both digital and analog channels.
    Configure one capture card with V4L
    Configure two card inputs, one Television and one DVB
    ( The V4L driver for the card has two outputs Television(analog) and DVB(digital) )

2, Configure both V4L and DVB as separate cards
    Configure two capture cards, one with V4L and one with DVBInput
    Configure two card inputs, one Television and one DVBInput
    ( Only use the Television(analog) output from the V4L driver,
      use the DVBInput for the digital channels=

The problem is that if I configure as example 1 I'm unable to change dvb channels
because the V4L driver can't do it. The analog channels works.

If I configure as example 2 then I can't get any channel to work.

I think the problem is that I actually configures two capture cards but
both points to the same card and can't be used at the same time :(

Has anyone got this to work or has any idea about how?

/Anders Hanson