[mythtv-users] TV Movie's .xml.tvm format to fetch German XMLTV

Ben Bucksch maps-dul-considered-harmful.news at bucksch.com
Fri Jan 2 10:47:15 EST 2004

TV Movie used to have XML files with German TV listings on a public
webserver with a non-published URL [2], where their app Clickfinder gets
the data from. I liked the XML source format and the rich data they
provide: short and long description, short critique, explicit marking of
movies, actor and role names etc.. Half a year ago, I wrote a grabber
[1] for that, mapping all that to XMLTV. A number of MythTV- and
FreeVo-users were using it, that's why I cc these lists.

They weren't happy about the grabber, and it seems that they switched
the compression format. It used to be gzip (.xml.gz), but now there are
only files with the file extension .xml.tvm. I don't know how to
uncompress it - I already tried gzip, bzip2, zip, tar and rar, none worked.

If any of you is interested to keep the grabber working, I'd appreciate,
if you could figure out how to decompress the .tvm files.

Thanks,

Ben

P.S.
Please follow-up to the XMLTV dev list.
Note that I cannot give user support for that grabber.

[1] <http://www.bucksch.org/1/projects/various/xmltv>
[2]
<http://tvmovie.kunde.serverflex.info/onlinedata/xml-gz/20040104_001.xml.tvm>
(adjust date)