[mythtv-users] gentoo emerge and editing settings.pro

Scott Alfter mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org
Fri Jan 2 14:30:56 EST 2004

On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 11:56:08PM +0000, martin north wrote:
> bit of a newbie question...how do i edit settings.pro if i install through
> emerge?? In particular, enable cle266 adn dvb. will i need to compile and
> install manually from cvs instead of emerge?

You can create a custom ebuild (derived from an existing ebuild) under
/usr/local/portage that pulls in a patch you create.  I think you can also
use the ebuild command to split the build process between unpack and
compile/install; this would allow you to go in and make whatever changes you
want before the compile.

  _/_   Scott Alfter
 / v \  send mail to $firstname@$lastname.us
(IIGS(  http://alfter.us/            Top-posting!
 \_^_/  rm -rf /bin/laden            >What's the most annoying thing on Usenet?