[mythtv-users] TV Movie's .xml.tvm format to fetch German XMLTV

stephen.robinson at zen.co.uk stephen.robinson at zen.co.uk
Fri Jan 2 16:43:36 EST 2004

It looks like the new format is just a wrapper around standard gzip.
Have a look at a hex dump. You can see the filename near the
beginning and shortly before that is the byte sequence 1F 8B. This is
the start of a valid gzip header.

Unfortunately stripping the extra data off of the beginning isn't quite
enough. file then recognises it as a gzip file, but gzip complains about
format violations. I would guess your best bet is to run it through the
gzip code in a debugger so you can see where it starts to violate the
format and then try and work out what else they've done.

stephen.