[mythtv-users] PVR 250's OEM on ebay for $88

Will Dormann wd at pobox.com
Sat Jan 3 00:57:24 EST 2004

At 01:02 AM 1/3/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>I thought the 250 had the decoder, but not the encoder like the 350?  That's
>the major difference isn't it?  Is the encoder really worth the extra $100?
>I know the 350 sells for a good chunk more than the 250....

The Freestyle, 250, and 350 have hardware encoding.   That's the whole
point of the cards.
The Freestyle, 350 and early 250 models have hardware decoding in addition
to the above.  (Though I'm not aware of any driver that takes advantage of
the decoding in the Freestyle and 250R1 cards)
The 350 has TV-out in addition to the above.

-WD