[mythtv-users] setup and install of dct-channels - newbie's questions

Audio Phile da_audiophile at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 3 06:32:00 EST 2004

Hi all,

Sorry to bother the list with very simple questions.
I've been running Knoppmyth for several weeks and am
pretty new to LINUX in general.  Built a mythbox off
an athlon 1900+/512 meg RAM/PVR-250 based system.
Works very well.  I recently read about using a
digital cable box with myth.  I have the Moto DCT2224
so I should be able to use it with the dct-channel
script by Jim.

I want to be sure I'm compiling and installing it
correctly.  Is this correct:

$ cd /home/mythtv/mythtv-0.13/contrib/dct-channel
$ make
$ make install

>From there the script should be installed, right?
Then I just need to follow the post at
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=94761;search_string=digital%20cable%20hook;guest=1920245&t=search_engine#94761
to get it working right?

As I understand it

$ mythsetup

Then add a source on my pvr-250 input (composite 4)
for the digital stream... and somehow point it to the
"channel" binary?  The README suggests to use "channel
-v" which I assume I can type in under the config for
composite 4, right?

Thanks all!