[mythtv-users] Re: SPDIF outputs on an intel8x0 soundcard with MythMusic

Drew Bernat abernat at zathras.net
Sat Jan 3 09:22:08 EST 2004

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004, kirk wrote:

> This wouldn't happen to be the integrated audio on an NFORCE2
> motherboard, would it?

Probably :)

> I have a Leadtek Winfast K7NCR18G-ProII motherboard with integrated
> sound...  Out of box, it's recognized as an intel chipset, so I had to
> download the Nvidia NFORCE drivers from www.nvidia.com.  I then modprobe
> nvaudio and my s/pdif worked great!  Good luck

You can use nvaudio which gives OSS compatibility. If you want to use
ALSA, you actually _want_ the intel 8x0 modules. Apparently, the nforce
chipset looks very similar to an 8x0.

>From my modules.conf:

alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0

I then use the ALSA devices "plughw:0,0" for analog output and
"plughw:0,1" for digital output.

Drew

--
Drew Bernat                                                __ ____