[mythtv-users] Re: linux distro

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Sat Jan 3 13:49:31 EST 2004

> How does Slackware deal with the problem of the ivtv-firmware? IMHO
> the current approach of ATrpms is the best, because you can be legal

 "Slackware" Doesn't deal with the firmware. The user does. I extracted
the firmware from the hauppage installation exe and then placed it into
/lib where it has lived ever since. Should I feel the need to change it
later I'll just do the samei again. While slackware has a rather limited
tarball based package system it is pretty much only used for the
installation of the base system and everything else is done by hand.
And since that's the way I like it Slackware is the best choice for me.