[mythtv-users] Re: Most reliable path to a working MythTV system?

Eric Thirolle mythtv at bluegecko.com
Sat Jan 3 19:57:07 EST 2004

Sounds right. As you say, before going thru the setup, Ctrl-Alt-F1 to open
up a console, log in as root, make the edits to ZapListing.pm, and save.
Ctrl-Alt-F6 to return to X and continue with the setup. Instead of pasting
over those lines, try manually making the changes. My previous email
introduced line breaks that should not be there. Take a look at the original
note at the following URL (sorry, I posted an incomplete URL before):

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=3489914&forum_id=33147

 There are small changes to two of the lines (the ones that begin with an
exclamation point). So, on line 878, change
<OPTION value="(\d+)">
<OPTION value="(\d+)"\s*>

and on line 881, change
$p->{description}=$2;
$p->{description}=massageText($2);

Hope that is clear, and sorry for the confusion. This did work for me. If
this does not work for you, you may be stuck with the 'apt-get update,
apt-get install xmltv' business.

Eric