[mythtv-users] Help:Act200L / SA3100 : I've read the backposts

Stuart Felenstein stuart4m at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 5 07:06:29 EST 2004

I'm trying to get the Actisys 200L blaster working with my
Scientifc Atlanta 3100.  I've read the older posts and they seem to lack resolution.  I've posted also to the lirc list which for whatever reason lacks much activity.

Anyway the issue of the carrier frequency makes little sense (to me).  A whole list of carrier frequencies are defined in lirc_sir.c, including the much noted 57000 and up.
So, if someone can explain to me why would this be the issue?

Everthing seems to be working fine on the cable box remote -> actisys.  Meaning I can do an irw, albeit it's slightly weird as directly pointing it seems to not work, but holding the remote and beaming over the top of the blaster picks up the codes just fine.

irrecord is slightly bizarre but it does allow me to define buttons and records them, creating the file for lircd.conf. Using rc commands and change_channel.csh I can see the red light working inside the blaster, so no problem there.  Pointing it at the cable box is where it all seems to fall apart.

I know about the distance issue (blaster to box) and I've experimented with no success.
Has anyone got this combination to work ? If it's truly a frequency issue with lirc_sir then I don't understand why it can't be fixed (yes I would take it up with the lirc people).  Windows aka. girder or snapstream or top100tv all pick it up and configure it just fine.

Last comment, and this isnt meant to be rude , please no "build your own transmitter" suggestions.  I'm well aware of that option but seeing as how Lirc supposedly suppport the blaster, it should be relatively easy to accomodate similar types of cable stb's.

Thanks
Stuart