[mythtv-users] black tv-out if watching TV

Gert van der Knokke gertk at xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 5 16:13:10 EST 2004

Markus Amann wrote:

>Sound. If i switch it of i can see the TV very choppy because there is no XV
>Support for the Pundit videocard. And if i use the "/dev/fb0 -noglobalalpha
>-localalpha" the screen turns into back :-(( what is wrong ?

Hi Markus,

I also run MythTV on an Asus Pundit still with a simple bttv card but
with the Winischofer drivers for the SiS chipset I have simultaneous (is
this correct..) output on the monitor (for daylight viewing) and the
TV-Out (hooked up to a Sharp LVC1E beamer for evening viewing) and it
runs OK. So XV support is there, even on both outputs (the Pundit has
the needed video-bridge, standard Xfree driver doesn't use it though)

Still the LiveTV part freezes up sometimes but 'Direct View' through
xawtv works perfectly as does the mplayer part (audio and video/DVD).
Since the beamer is pretty low-res the quality of the TV-Out is more
than enough :-)

My old VCR and/or Playstation2 are hooked up to the bttv card
(Pixelview) and this way I can even play PS2 games on the monitor as
well as the beamer..

Gert