[mythtv-users] Question about nforce2 eth0 driver rebuild on FC1

Tommy Nijem tnijem at cronometric.com
Mon Jan 5 16:24:19 EST 2004

Hello all,
I am having trouble with a specific part of Jarrod's HOWTO guide for
Myth on Fedora. BTW, thanks a lot Jarrod! The guide is wonderful.

Anyways, I am not very proficient with Redhat/fedora/rpm's
I have reached the point in the guide where I am supposed to rebuild the
drivers for my on-board nic on the motherboard.
This is after I built them the first time and then compiled a new
kernel. So the drivers have to be re-built against the new kernel.

My question is what, specifically, am I supposed to do?
After the kernel upgrade, the Fedora "hardware config window" pops up. I
have choices to delete the nforce config, let it as is or reconfigure.
What should I choose?

I choose to leave it as is...
Do I need to erase (rpm -e NVIDIA_nforce-1.0-0261.i386.rpm)?
I tried that and then tried to rpmbuild --rebuild the rpm source for
this driver(like I did the first time),
then rpm -ivh NVIDIA_nforce-1.0-0261.i386.rpm

But that tells me it's already installed ??

I sure this is a stupid question with a very simple answer...but I have
been trying for the last 2hrs to figure this out and I fear I am doing
more harm than good b/c I am such a newbie to this.

Thanks for any help!

-tommy