[mythtv-users] master/slave setup questions

Art Morales art at monger.net
Tue Jan 6 00:11:31 EST 2004

Hello,

Here's what I have:

pcHDTV card in master backend/frontend

PVR 250 coming tomorrow :-) in addition

TVwonderVE in slave backend

Now, I have setup and loaded the channels as explained in the pcHDTV.com
forums, so I can see the correct guides.  The problem is that I'm not sure
if I understand how this is supposed to work.

A few questions:

1-       Do both backends need to write to the same directory? (Assuming I
mounted the remote directory on the slave backend)

2-       Are you supposed to be able to stream live tv on the frontend from
the slave backend?  It would make sense that this would work if they wrote
to the same drive

3-       Assuming 1 and 2 are correct, how much bandwidth do I need?
10/100/1000?

4-       If all this is correct, I can then watch live TV and/or recorded
programs from any frontend even if it is diskless?

As you can see, I'm not entirely sure how the actual master/slave/frontend
setup is supposed to work.

I can help by updating the documentation with my findings if I get it to
work :-)

Thanks!

Art