[mythtv-users] pvr-250 video resolution, quality, stability

Axium Computer Services axium at axiumcomputerservices.com
Tue Jan 6 02:07:25 EST 2004

I have just recently setup a system with two pvr-250 cards and I would
like to know the following from other pvr users.

What is your video source (e.g. cable, satellite, etc...)
What resolution do you record at?
What is your bitrate and max bitrate set to?
What is your audio sampling rate, and bitrate?
How many gigs per hour do you get with your settings?
Are you happy with the results you are getting?

I'm still trying to figure out how setup my tuners for best results.

As far a stability goes, what version of ivtv are you using and what
firmware version are you using?

How is your stability with this setup?

All of this would be very helpful in getting my system performing optimally.

Thanks
Steven Potter