[mythtv-users] Saving subtitle when ripping DVD

argus argus at coastline.net
Wed Jan 7 01:46:48 EST 2004

When ripping a DVD, I select the subtitle track that should be captured,
the DVD is ripped to disk successfully, but the subtitle is non existent.
When I select view ("preview") before ripping, the subtitles are displayed.

I'm unclear on the expected outcome of the DVD ripping with subtitle
process in MythTV. Will it be:

a) DVD video file (.vob) is created and subtitle file is created separately
b) DVD video file (.vob) is created and subtitles are overlaid
(hardcoded?) in video file (like a VCD or Laserdisc)
c) other

Any suggestions?

Thanks,