[mythtv-users] RE: Transcode

Ian Hojnicki ihojnicki at buckeye-express.com
Wed Jan 7 08:22:03 EST 2004

On Tuesday 06 January 2004 21:59, Ian Hojnicki wrote:
> The MTD starts and it reads accesses the DVD for the first 5
> minutes then it is like the MTD just hangs.

Hmm. The mtd is a bit buggy (working on a replacement), but it should
not regularily be hanging after some specific amount of time. Are you
entering and exiting the progress dialog when this happens?

Have you tried with more than 1 dvd? Could be you've got a disc with
scratch or something else libdvdread is not happy with.

> I have the option for MTD to output to the console and no error
> messages are displayed.

Can you post the log in any case ?

- thor

Here is some more info:
I leave MythDVD at the Job screen while it is working and then it
would just stop.  The system I am currently testing with is a Dual
Celeron BP6 board running dual 450's.  When the job first starts,
both processors run at like 60%, and then it drops back down to 5%
total CPU usage when it fails.
I have tried it with multiple DVD's and it does the exact same thing
with each one.  Once this happens, I can not cancel the job.

I do not have the log in front of me but, it basically reads in the
DVD tables and gets the corresponding keys for each VOB.  That is the
last entry outputed to the console (while it is working and when it
is not).

Does someone know the full command line to use to try this out
without the frontend?