[mythtv-users] MythTV technical/support questions

Simon at the Threshold dweller at the-threshold.org
Wed Jan 7 12:19:12 EST 2004

Helloooo,

Firstly let me say what a fantasic app MythTV is, I can't wait to get a
couple of xbox frontends for around the house..

I've been using the apt rpm version of mythtv-suite (0.13) under Fedora
Core 1 (Kernel 2.4.22-1.2135). I've a Athlon (Duron) processor, a Nvidia
MX440 card (Connected to a monitor and a tv (Svideo)). With a PVR-250.
I was quite happy with the setup although mythfrontend (Whilst in
mythmusic) did bail I didn't have any debuging info to say anything useful.

So I figured it was time for an upgrade so I purchased a couple of
Nova-T DVD cards for use in the UK (Chrystal Palace Transmitter) area.
Plus a DVD writer (Bout time to <Smile>)..

I've installed them all and using low level utils, so for instance I've
been watching BBC news (Widescreen digital quality) and some of my DVD's
using ogle.

Seeing as I needed dvb support I obtained a cvs 0.14 copy of mythtv and
after about 30 mins of downloading development versions of its dependant
libraries I've managed to compile it and resovle a couple of core dumps
caused by the old mythtv config (Missing visor theme etc.).

I don't appear to beable to suss the dvb-t setup in the new version, the
closest I've got is mythbackend giving me a SEGV when I attempt to watch
tv via mythtv. So is there anyone that can give me a few pointers on its
setup?. I appear to beable to tzap and use dvbtune and dvbstream (plus
mplayer) to watch and listen to TV so I think I'm nearly there.

My other question is does anyone have any useful advice/config files on
setting up an ati remote wonder with mythtv. I currently got it setup
through X11 as a usb mouse and have used xmodmap to map the keys but it
doesn't seem to work very will in mythmusic (In fact I can core dump it
by pressing certain keys). I notice that lirc has a usb module for use
with the ati remote handset, can anyone tell me if this makes life easier?

Thanks in advance..
Simon
--
This email and any attachments hereto are strictly confidential and
intended solely for the addressee. It may contain information which is