[mythtv-users] problem compiling mythtv 0.13

Kyle Rose krose+mythtv at krose.org
Wed Jan 7 20:34:55 EST 2004

"Bathelt, Manfred" <Manfred.Bathelt at 3SOFT.de> writes:

> Hello,
>
> trying to compile mythtv-0.13 for some time on Debian/unstable now, but without success (error messages see below). Obviously I have some problem with QT here - but cleaning the system from any potential artefacts from old QT-stuff and reinstalling the current Debian-libs did not help.
> I used
>> apt-get -t=unstable install libqt3-headers libqt3-mt-dev libqt3c102 libqt3c102-mt qt3-apps-dev qt3-dev-tools libqt3c102-mt-mysql
> to install qt - did I miss anything important?
>
> What do I do wrong?

I get the same error.  I presume it's some ABI incompatibility between
the compiler used for making the qt packages and the compiler we're
using for mythtv, though I haven't checked to see how libqt was
built.  I solved the problem by apt-get source libqt3 and doing a
dpkg-buildpackage -b on the resulting directory.

Cheers,
Kyle