[mythtv-users] Swapping motherboards (general Linux Q, perhaps?)

Chris Delis cedelis at uillinois.edu
Thu Jan 8 11:18:07 EST 2004

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 09:15:42AM -0500, Jim Jarrett wrote:
> I was tired of constant lockups with my VIA chipset motherboard and the IVTV
> drivers, so I got an nVidia-based motherboard, and swapped it into my Myth
> box (running Mandrake 9.1).
>
> What sort of reconfiguration do I need to go through with Mandrake (or Linux in
> general) to handle this kind of hardware swap?  Obviously, it didn't just
> boot up or I wouldn't be posting this.... :)

Didn't boot up at all?  Or didn't start X?  What sort of error messages (or beeps)
did you get?

I ditched my VIA chipset board for an NVidia-based one.  I only had to
make some minor adjustments.  It's been a while, but I believe all I
had to do is reconfigure the hardware addresses for some of my cards.