[mythtv-users] DVB: Recording length keeps changing!!

Fri Jan 9 04:24:46 EST 2004

> Anyone else seen this happening? Why does the recording length change?
> Why is my recording cut short? (NB This is a completed recording, not
> something that is still being recorded).

Yes, I see this.  The length calculation seems to be wrong under some situations.
I see 1hour programs report around 56ish mins.

Also annoyingly, if you watch a program then press fast forward after watching for perhaps 10mins plus (eg advert break) then the position it starts recording from is a 10-30 secs behind where it was playing from.  This means you get a strange effect where you press FF and end up behind where you started from.  It is a gradual effect and gets worse the longer you have been watching for.

I have no idea if this is DVB specific?  Anyone else get this? (CVS from around Xmas time)