[mythtv-users] Internal Video player

Albert Santoni gamegod at sympatico.ca
Fri Jan 9 07:24:01 EST 2004

Isaac Richards wrote:

>It's great that you _are_ integrating things more than some other people are
>attempting (ie, the streaming thread on -dev), so I consider that a great
>step forward for mythvideo/dvd.  All I'm saying is that everything could be
>done with the native video player in mythtv with a little more effort, is
>all.
>
>Isaac

I use .MOV, .AVI, .ASF, and .RAM playback in MythVideo (thanks to MPlayer.)

Could you REALLY implement .MOV and .RAM playback in the internal
player? I'm all for it, but it might be a bit of work.
What about giving a configure option (--enable-xinelib?) that would
allow playback through the internal player (or Donavan Stanley's player)
of these special formats....
Good idea, bad idea?