[mythtv-users] mythtv-setup is looping

Alexey Koptsevich kopts at astro.psu.edu
Fri Jan 9 16:01:16 EST 2004

Hello,

I have installed mythtv on Debian 2.4.22 with PVR-350, but I cannot make
it work. I have the follwing modules loaded:

>lsmod
lirc_i2c                3460   0
lirc_dev                8960   1 [lirc_i2c]
ivtv                   75776   1
saa7115                 6112   0 (unused)
videodev                5920   4 [ivtv]
msp3400                16592   1
tuner                   9636   1
i2c-algo-bit            7468   1 [ivtv]
i2c-dev                 3616   0 (unused)

No i2c-core module was built during the kernel build process. Should I
ignore it?

I applied recommended v4l2 patches before building the kernel. Now, when I
run mythtv-setup, I have the following error messages:

QDir::readDirEntries: Cannot read the directory: /dev/v4l
QDir::readDirEntries: Cannot read the directory: /dev/v4l
QDir::readDirEntries: Cannot read the directory: /dev/sound

What do they mean?

I can start the setup program. I go through the General section, but I
cannot go through Capture Cards section. I make my choices there, then
click Finish, and find oneself again in the the list of capture devices
without any buttons below the list. I cannot quit to the main menu and
save chosen configuration, and forced to press Ctrl-c to exit.

What is the problem? Maybe there is a text file somewhere which I can edit
instead of running the setup program?

Thanks,
Alex