[mythtv-users] several stations sharing a channel

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 9 18:31:16 EST 2004

This is true in the USA as well.  The solution is that the source for the
listings for XMLTV needs to show the station as something like: OTB/TCAR
and the listings would reflect the changeover from one channel to the
other.

I don't think this is a Myth issue, it either needs to be addressed on the
XMLTV list (if you use XMLTV) or wherever it is appropriate for the source
of your listings.  Myth just sets a particular frequency at a particular
time
and records what is being broadcast.

In the case I gave above my cable company changes from OTB (off track
betting) broadcasts to Telicare (local religious programming) at some
point.  Obvisouly if your broadcaster is changing from, say, HBO to Bravo
on the same channel that would be more problematical.  The solution,
however, would be the same.  The channel should be called (eg)
HBO/BRV and the listings would be a mix of the sets of programming
based on your broadcaster's cutover time.  I don't see how this could
be done other than by being provided by a listings source since different
broadcasters would most likely cutover at different times (unless, of
course, you wanted to write SQL to take HBO and Bravo listings from
a listings source and combine them based on a known cutover time for
your broadcaster [or even adjust the raw XML data]).

Sorry if I got a little verbose.  I don't really have this issue so maybe I
got a little carried away.

-- Harry O.