[mythtv-users] How do I compile ivtv cvs latest

Tim Wilhoit timwilhoit at cox-internet.com
Sat Jan 10 03:06:56 EST 2004

I have followed Jarrods guide to this point.  I am having a problems
with a message that says "kernel: spurious 8259A interrupt: IRQ7" when I
try to dd an mpeg out.  According to the IVTV list there is a potential
fix for this that is in the latest CVS as of about 3 days ago.  It
doesn't look like the apt rpms have been updated yet and I really don't
know how often that happens.  I have never compiled anything and want to
compile the new IVTV drivers into my build and see if it fixes my tv-out
problems.  Can anyone give me some pointers on how to accomplish this?
I have tried the ivt faq's and some general ones around the net but have
been unsuccessful so far.

Thanks,
Tim