[mythtv-users] Re: Simple transmitter

Stuart Felenstein stuart4m at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 10 04:41:44 EST 2004

Thanks to everyone who helped and responded.  I was hung up on seeing the ir led light up more then just putting it in front of the box and issuing a change channel command :).
Yep, it's working fine.

Stuart

Marc Mosthav <marc at mosthav.com> wrote:
Stuart,

did you select the option "With transmitter diode"? Just in case, for both diodes it matters which way round they go. 1N4148 needs to point with the dark line towards the resistor and the IR LED needs to point with the longer leg towards the resistor. Also, what resistor are you using? I use 1K6 and the range is litterally inches, which is sufficient for me as I have mounted it right in front of the device, but would not be any use over distance.

Hope this helps,
Marc