[mythtv-users] help a mythtv newbie - mythfilldatabase fails - directv.xmltv does not exist

Owen olists at thebrands.org
Sat Jan 10 13:27:21 EST 2004

New installation - Knopp Myth distribution. I have searched about on the archives and I didn't see this issue. I probably missed it.

>From an Xterm window as the mythtv user I can successfully run tv_grab_na --configure. (I previously updated XMLTV per the archives.)

After that I can successfully run tv_grab_na and pull all of the listings data from zaptv. This runs for quite a while (1 hour +) Then I run mythfilldatabase and it errors out as below:

Parameterless "use IO" deprecated at /usr/share/perl5/XML/Writer.pm line 16 using config file /home/mythtv/.mthtv/directv/mlxtv does not exist, run me with --configure
Error in1:1: unexpected end of file
Failed to fetch some program info
sh-2.05b$

I welcome any ideas. I guess I will go back and make sure I correctly patched XMLTV though it seems to be working fine in pulling down all the listings. Maybe it isn't writing them as it is supposed to?

Thanks,
Owen