[mythtv-users] Internal Video player

Albert Santoni gamegod at sympatico.ca
Sat Jan 10 14:01:33 EST 2004

J. Donavan Stanley wrote:

> Isaac Richards wrote:
>
>> On Friday 09 January 2004 07:58 pm, Albert Santoni wrote:
>>

>>> So why hasn't anyone done this before?
>>>

>> Done what before?  Where do you think the mpeg2 decoder came from? =)
>>
>> mythtv <movie file>
>>
>> Should play everything supported by ffmpeg, though non-mpeg2 will
>> probably need some minor tweaking, and you may need to compile myth's
>> copy of libavcodec/avformat with some additional codecs (ie, libfaad,
>> vorbis, whatnot) for some things to play.
>>

> Right now I'm revamping the way I implemented this xine player by
> creating it as a new plugin type.  At the same time I'm putting in a
> real internal player.  This way folks can use which ever one works for
> them and we can work on fixing the internal player to properly handle
> some of the other formats.  I've got a handful of files it will not
> play, including two DVD rips, so when I have time I'll look into them.

Ok, so short-term goals:
- Finish your MythXine player.
- Get the internal player working with more formats.

Long-term goals:
- Get DVD menus working with the internal player (and eventually blow
away the MythXine part?)
(Wouldn't all the features of it be implemented in the internal player?)

Just making sure everyone's on the same page...

Oh, and getting the internal player working with more formats involves
hacking "avformatdecoder.cpp", right? Any places where the changes would
need to be made?

Thanks,
Albert